Monday, June 18, 2007

Lost in My Head


As a writer, there are periods of time where I get lost. I go through the motions of life, doing the laundry, cleaning the dishes, feeding the children and taking out the dog. But in my head, I am in a different time and place altogether. Sometimes it is in my own story that I am creating, wondering where the next page will take me and how I will arrive at my conceived idea for the conclusion. Sometimes I am delighting in someone else's characters, deep in thought of the possibilities that the author could take with the story that has captured my attention. But the best times are when I get lost in Jesus. When suddenly, He seems to be all that there is, and I seem to be interested in nothing but knowing Him and thinking about Him. It can happen through a song, or through a verse. Sometimes it is even through something someone else has done that has shown a picture of the Lord to my heart. But He regularly reveals Himself to me, and I've come to anticipate these moments with great expectation.


What an experience it will be when these moments, spread out between the trials and the sorrows of life, mixed in with the depravity of a sinful nature, are suddenly free of their former restraints, and I become completely immersed in Jesus. When He is all that matters, all the time. When I can worship Him without a distracting thought forever.


What a day that will be. Until then, I will settle for the times I get lost in my head. And the moments I get lost in Him.

No comments:

Text-Ads