Tuesday, June 19, 2007

God Did It

What a humbling and amazing thing it is to be a child of God.

Maturing as I am, it is mystifying to me to see the ways of the Creator. How He could bend His majesty low enough to even see me, let alone be intimately involved in the workings of my heart. How He can see every tear, feel every hurt, celebrate every triumph with me, because of what He did through the power of Jesus.

My third novel is completed. There is still much to do before it is ready to be submitted to agents and editors, but the most creative part of the process is done. Where did the inspiration to write those 60,000 words come from? Certainly not from me. Laziness would have prevented it were it not for the Spirit, urging me on, telling the same story through my pen that He has been telling since the creation of the world. And when I stand back and read it, though there is the critical eye that catches all the shortcomings of grammar and style, there is the eye of wonder that sees the hand of God, His seal on the message of the cross, the message of grace and love because of Christ.

My hard-working children's choir is getting ready to perform their Christmas program. It is so fulfilling to stand back and watch it all fall together through God's power, how so many different people can come together and piece all the parts as one, and it becomes a beautiful thing. How in the world does that happen, except by the mysterious grace of God? Why does it happen, except to bring Him glory?

Thank You, Father. The work You have done is beyond understanding. You do all things well. May I never see myself as the author of all that You are doing in this world. May I give credit where credit is due. And please continue to expand the limits of our imaginations, by doing things that we couldn't conceive as possible.

No comments:

Text-Ads