Monday, June 18, 2007

Let the Children Come


One of my favorite thoughts is of Jesus with the children. It says something about the Savior, that he had time for the seeming foolishness of childish chatter. It encourages me to not be ashamed of the many things I have to say. If he can hold children on his lap, and love them, and listen to them, then maybe he wants to hear what I have to say as well. Maybe the way I see the world is important too.

I can almost hear his quiet voice as he patiently hears the comments of little ones. "We have a new donkey" one of them pipes up. "My favorite color is blue." another proudly informs him. "Someday I'm going to be a farmer like my father." another boy is quick to interject. "Really?" Jesus asks. "What do you like best about farming?" and "What is your second favorite color?" and "Did you give your new donkey a name?"

Jesus likes to hear our chatter. He likes us to tell him what's important to us. He wants to be our friend along with being our Savior. If he didn't, do you really think he would have gone to so much trouble to give his life for us?

And so, with this first entry into my online journal, I dedicate these thoughts to the one who listens, even if no one else ever pays a visit. As I tap the computer keys, within me I am across the world, sitting under the shade of an olive tree on a cool evening, talking about everything and nothing with Jesus.

No comments:

Text-Ads