Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Isn't God Amazing?


What a wonderful God we serve!


I am pleased to say that my third Christmas children's musical went off Sunday night without a hitch. Which amazes me because there were so many hitches right up to that point! I was worried that this one might flop. God took something that just didn't seem to be coming together and made it beautiful.


I am so grateful to God that He uses me in such ways. I'm thankful that I have talent enough to write some ideas on paper and come up with a few song lyrics. Then God takes that very rough beginning and adds all sorts of people with different abilities and starts to chisel away at the very basic offering I had first given up to him. When it is all said and done, it's easy for me to say that the glory belongs to Him. But what a powerful work to be a part of!


And I'm thankful for all the things I learned along the way. Facts about Christmas I never knew that have spurred much thought and insight into the holiday. The ability to get along with people that I don't naturally mesh well with, and in fact, in the end say that I would do it all again because God made it work. What a precious feeling to march down that center aisle with all those precious kids at the completion of the play and hardly be able to contain myself before we get to the foyer and I grab them and hug them so tightly they can hardly breathe. And what a special blessing to realize they are hugging me back just as tightly.


I can't wait to do the next one. All the trouble and the agonizing is worth every single minute. I'm so excited about what God will do next. Being His child is a journey filled with excitement and anticipation. The very feeling that causes us to run down the stairs on Christmas morning, all making a beeline for that tree and the presents surrounding it, is the same wonderful feeling that comes with being a Christian in the center of God's will.


Try it. It's a blast!

No comments:

Text-Ads