Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Facing the Giants

Ever have days when you can't figure anything out?

I'm having one of those years, it seems.

I hate not knowing the answers. I come to conclusions very quickly, and it's hard for me when I don't know what to do. Or what to think. Or even what to pray.

What do you do when you see a house on fire, a house full of people you love, and you can't convince anyone around you that there is even a waft of smoke? Even the people inside are waving happily from the windows as if life couldn't be more peaceful, meanwhile to all your understanding the entire structure is about to explode in deadly flames.

First of all, you start wondering if you're going crazy. In my case, a distinct possibility, as you will discover if you dig more deeply into my blog. Be warned. But what gives me pause is that there are a few others standing beside me, uneasily asking if anyone has called the fire department.

I guess I feel a little like David. The whole of the army of the Lord sitting around in their tents playing cards while Goliath shouts curses down on Almighty God.

"Isn't anyone going to stop him?"

So far I've got no takers. No one more spiritually equipped, no one in some place of leadership has offered to take on the giant who is defying God and all His people.

So here I'm left to make the decision. Do I stand up to him even though I'm not what you would call the most qualified? And if I do that, should I arm myself to the extreme, even if the armor is too big for me? Is it really possible to defeat an armed nine foot giant with a little leather strap and a few stones and absolutely no backup?

I'm not there yet. But part of me would really like to be.

I'm just wondering which side is going to win. First of all in me, and then on the battlefield.

No comments:

Text-Ads