Sunday, September 21, 2008

He Will Come

When the wind began to blow, for a moment I feared. I feared that you wouldn't hear, you wouldn't know that we needed your help, that in this evil and dark world there were those that loved you and needed your protection from the storm.

Then I remembered. I remembered all the times you've shown me your faithfulness. I remembered as a child when our cupboard was empty, you sent messengers of hope with boxes of food, bags full of clothes. Right on time.

I recalled the time the car had broken down and waiting in the mailbox - right on time - was just enough money to cover the repairs. My mind returned to the place where I sat on the bathroom floor of my college dorm and cried out in loneliness, and you were there. Right on time.

Replayed within were later images of a struggle with my body to conceive a child. Such lamenting and hoping and weeping with disappointment. I thought you must not care this time, for the timing seemed far from right. But there you were again. Just on time. Just on time again. Just on time a third time, with a precious baby once again filling my arms and my heart though my body had insisted I should not ever hear a sweet voice call me "Mommy."

Most of all, when I was miserably and hopelessly lost in my own sin and guilt and sorrow, you were there. You hung your only Son on a cross for me. You told me that all was not lost. You asked me to believe you, to follow you, and I would see your love manifested in me and through me.... and I did. Over and over I saw how you changed me, how you resurrected an ugly dead heart and made it holy. How you caught me back from an eternity of suffering and held me fast in your arms, and I could hear your heart beating with the rhythm of your extreme affection and compassion. As the sound grew louder in my ears, I began to realize that my heart was beating in time with yours. I had become a part of you, and I could see the image of your risen Son as I looked in the mirror, instead of the troubled and dark face of one who had lost the way.

I know that your heart still beats in time for the lost ones wandering, not sure of anything, not sure how to sort out the problems and messes that sin has left in its wake just as the mess of trees and power lines after the storm blew through. It's too big a job. Despair is starting to set in. But you are there. And my heart beating in time with yours will seek them out, will point their desperate hearts to the Savior.

And He will come.

If what you thought was the truth is a lie
And what you fought to keep on breathing has died
You face the lonely nights and wrestle with the dark
And you reach to find the love to fill the space inside your heart

It's hard to put it into words the way you feel
It's an ache and emptiness that lingers still
Are you a victim of the past without a trace of hope in sight?
And it all goes by so fast without a way to make it right
If you worry, don't worry

God will come and wrap His arms around you
It wouldn't be too much
For Him to love you as He found you
And it may seem like you're too far gone
But He loves you like His only Son
And He will come
He will come

From the bounty of a river there's a flow
And from the beauty of the Father's heart's a home
That never leaves you empty no, and never leaves you bare
So come and bring your guilt and shame
Come and leave it there
If you're willing, He is willing
Oh, you don't have to be worthy
You don't have to be anything but willing to fall into His arms
Willing to fall into His arms....

(written by Cindy Morgan, performed by Mandisa)

No comments:

Text-Ads