Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Answer to challenge... 9 on the 9th

My fellow blogger and writer Angela Nazworth challenged her readers to answer her blog with their own list of nine things on the 9th of September. Her subject was homeschooling, and as that is foremost in my mind as well at the moment, I'll stick with the topic.

My nine favorite things about homeschooling are:


1. I don't have to give up my baby for hours upon hours of each precious day. I'd miss her too much.

2. There's no wasted time. We can pack a lot of learning into 2 or 3 hours that she'd never be able to get through in 6 or 7 hours of traditional school.

3. I like being a teacher. It didn't occur to me that I would, but I really do enjoy it.

4. I'm learning too! I'm keeping my mind sharp by being reminded of the basics and learning new things along with my kindergartner.

5. Everything can be tailored directly to your child. With so many resources, you can follow their interests and let the passions of their heart lead you in amazing new directions.

6. Having a schedule and living to learn keeps us out and about and doing new things - something that all of us enjoy.

7. We don't have time to watch tv! :)

8. Not being comfortable with public school, homeschooling is a very economic decision. It means we have time and money for extras like soccer and art classes, and many, many field trips!

9. Did I mention how much I'd miss my girl if I had to send her off to school?


Got 9 things on the 9th to tell the world about? Visit "Becoming Me" (link at the left) and add on your own link!

2 comments:

sethswife said...

you forgot to add how nice it is to do school in your pajamas and to have a child who has no idea who miley cyrus is...which of course makes her totally unsocialized and she won't be able to function in the real world. because after all, pop culture is the key to success in life. sorry, i'm rambling. i'll get off my soap box now.

Heather said...

Homeschooling is wonderful! I was homeschooled from K-12th grade - it was wonderful!!! Keep up the great work, the benefits are worth it!

Text-Ads