Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Good Story

The most dreaded affliction for a writer. Writer's block.

I've had it for awhile now. I've been writing, of course, when you want to be a writer you can not under any circumstances stop writing, but where as sometimes words seem to flow from my fingertips and align themselves wonderfully on the screen, lately it's been a struggle to write every word. Even these words.

It's hard to write when you are constantly under the direction of changing hormones. I feel as a woman at this time in my life that I am sometimes rushing along the swirling rapids of inspiration and eagerness to tell a story, and other times I am fighting to stay afloat in the murkiest of quicksands.

Yet I am always thinking about writing. I am always reading. It may sound odd, but as I sit here I can hear the distant voices of wonderful characters yet to be discovered resounding silently in my mind. I think of the heroes and heroines that will grace the pages of future stories, and I yearn to know them. I desire to my deepest depths to be able to put their story down in a way that makes them real, tangent, inspiring.

That's probably the most frustrating part. I've come far enough to know what I want to write. I want to write about compelling, interesting, admirable people in an exciting and inspiring way. I want to describe things so clearly and succinctly that the words are refreshing and inspiring to read. I want the story turns to come from no where, and take the reader on a wonderful roller coaster ride of emotions, making an unforgettable impact.

If I can't write like that, then why write?

Fortunately, the best Writer of all is a personal friend. I'm looking forward to his further mentorship.

1 comment:

sethswife said...

Don't worry. You won't be in this crazy, clomid induced haze forever. Pretty soon you'll be in a crazy, pregnancy induced haze. That's better, right? At least there's the potential of moments of clarity--perhaps after eating chocolate, for example.

Text-Ads