Friday, August 24, 2007

Hiding Out in Life


I wonder if I'm the only one who ever feels like hiding out.

Perhaps it has to do with personality. When you are a person who is always in search of answers, always thinking deeply, sometimes causing waves around you.... well, it's just good to put a blanket over your head for awhile.

That's when I am glad for my home. My family. My responsibilities that can seem so mundane at times, suddenly seem a comfort. No one will challenge my methods of washing the dishes or doing the laundry, and my children provide a captive audience when I read to them or play with them. My husband almost always agrees with my philosophical ramblings. It's good to be married to your best friend.

In general, I'm glad for the privilege of being a wife and mom. I'm thrilled for the freedom to be able to completely focus on these tasks. I'm awed and grateful for the wonderful people that God put me with.

Life can be uncomplicated and sweet. We all need these moments to give us strength for the trials, which inevitably are many.

How has God given you rest from the journey today? Be thankful to Him for His wisdom, His grace. He is so good to us.

No comments:

Text-Ads