Saturday, July 21, 2007

Contact

Remember those friends that you spent every day with at school? The ones you couldn't imagine your life without? The ones you thought you'd never lose contact with?

Then you lose contact.

It has always bothered me. The people that I weathered childhood and adolescence with have disappeared from my life, with the exception of two, who were really more like sisters anyway.

It has been thirteen years since I graduated from high school. Suddenly, especially with the handy little addition of "facebook" to aid in the reunion, people are flying back into my life.

I love it! I love seeing how people have grown up. I love seeing them with pictures of their children and marveling at how much they look like them. I revel in knowing that even though I might not have been part of their life for a long time past, God was still right there with them. He's not only still working on me, but He's still very much involved in the growing process of all those people I loved back then.

It's refreshing. It's God. How amazing His hand! How limitless His power! How faithful His presence, through the roughest spots of life.

I'm praising Him today, for friendships renewed.

No comments:

Text-Ads